Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Stress, You can live without it!

This week seems to have gotten started off great, the weather is beautiful and Spring is in the air!  Take the time this week to enjoy this beautiful weather and let go of some of the stress that burdens us throughout the day. In fact read this short story on stress. Have a great day!!!

A short story on Stress.

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."



She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down.

I know some of you are wondering what does this have to do with health and wellness?

This simple truth is, "EVERYTHING"!!!!

Relieve yourself from everyday stress and regain your health! The burden we carry is on us because we put it there. Have a happy and healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment